Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Too Much Rest?

This is a vacation week, but not a week full of planned activity.  It is a week of rest.  This rest on purpose thing is work...work to change, when I am not used to resting.

My Heavenly Father offers me the grace of His rest.  I acknowledge.  I accept...but I am not good at it.

The human world looks askance upon the human who is too good at human rest.  Restlessness is a religion.  The first thing that caught my attention, listening to Richard Swenson in a radio interview, on his book Margin. .  He said he always got at least nine hours of sleep each night.

In just that regard, he is a peculiar American.  I think I remember him saying, as well, that he had never paid more than five thousand dollars for a car.  Strange Cat.

So I think when I accept my Father's offer to be better at resting in Him than I am at anything else, I suspect I am going to be peculiar.

But that, after all, is how He describes His People.  So He sees the Rested Church.  Count me in.

Too Good at Resting in The Spirit.  Put it on my tombstone.  Though I will not have one.  That is another story all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment