Friday, December 3, 2010

Bushed

That's what my Dad called it. Tuckered. Tarred is what they say here, to mean tired.

So much grace today. Not the favor I could probably ask for every day, but so much grace. Just marveling and marveling at the ease of functioning here.

The holes in my soul still take the energy out of me. Work circumstances were hard today in a way that involves my soul, particularly my emotions, more than it involves my mind working. When I was done, I was really ready to leave. I was not sleepy tired, but I wanted comfort food and "easy." Now that I am home with a full tummy, I want to sleep. It is probably reasonable, but it is clear that there are big booboos that need to be left under the balm. I miss the mark so much, yet each day is clearly closer to being on track and on target.

Really nothing to do but trust and lean and cling and rest. and listen and talk. This life is working like no other ever has. Glory to God. Glory to God. Glory to God.

Father, help the prayer wall people to know the truth of your love, the steadfastness of your love, the trustworthiness of your love, to be rooted and grounded in who You are, according to your word. Forgive my pride, some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment