Wednesday, December 1, 2010

20101201


Yesterday I did not want to go to the house after work. I wanted to be among people. So I had a restaurant meal, and then a cup of coffee at a coffee shop. At the restaurant I introduced my self to the manager, a more than superficial encounter. At the coffee shop I openly listened to a nearby conversation.

Tonight I wanted to come straight home. There was an immediate activity planned, and then a specific home cooked meal anticipated. Oh, yeah. And a new acquisition, a tool.

In neither case was there anyone else in the house, nor the ready prospect of it. Well, no flesh and bones.

I think that there are days when I want the Holy Ghost, and other times I want the Holy Ghost in men and women. I am amazed at watching love worked out in people. I think maybe men and women want to love like God loves. It is not just that they want to be with Him, to be reconnected, but that they know they were made to be lovers. They ache when they are empty and have nothing to offer except themselves.

I have to look for people who have made themselves available to Love. Help me in this, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment