Monday, June 24, 2013

The Hunger

There is an antidote for the hunger.  It is love.

But what if the hunger is so common that it is normal?  The hunger is for love in all of its forms.  The norm is to spend a whole human lifetime feeding the hunger with everything except love.

I realized eight days ago that there was a reason I was obsessing over an idea, a plan, a hope.  I hoped, for the millionth time that the idea, the plan, would result in satisfaction, with satiation.  But I have done this enough, lived this way enough to know that nothing I can plan or produce will satisfy.  I asked the Spirit for help and was advised to take every thought captive that exalts itself above the knowledge of God.

So first I recognize that I am pouring my life into, out for, an idol.  So I stop that, and repent.  Now I can grab the idol and run with it toward God.  and it slips away like smoke.  So while I am within the veil, I can fall down and be loved.  and like before, I wake up wondering what the attraction was.

No comments:

Post a Comment