Saturday, March 31, 2012

Good God

Good God.  Yup.  Real Good.
Majestic - Huge, Limitless
Faithful - Right here, Personal
Who else can do that.  And to wrap it up, he made us so we can perceive and comprehend both, simultaneously.

Ever look at a crowd and wonder how we could be made in God's image if we all look so different?
But it is not where we are different, but where we are the same.

So you are saying that if I will inventory the ways we are all the same, a may see the image of God that we are made in?

I grew up at 4th Street Methodist Church in Aurora, Illinois.  As soon as I typed that last question mark, I saw the stairs leading up to the second floor in the education building.  I always liked those stairs best, but I think they were the least used.  The came up behind the stage in the auditorium, not up to classrooms, where we were more likely to be headed.

I guess I miss those stairs because I chose to leave them.  It was probably the first thing I did, my first move of independence.  I got my license, I went to show Ann how grown up I was, she had someone else there, my heart broke, I decided that my school was in Oswego, my friends were in Oswego, some of my friends were at Oswego Presbyterian...so it was time to break ties with 4th Street.

I am interested to see where this line of thought goes.  We all become more or less independent from our parents, earlier or later.  We all become dependent again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment